For five years, the Shalit family was forced to celebrate Passover without Gilad, but this year the former Hamas captive will finally be marking the holiday at home.
The previous Passover was marked by the Shalit family in a tent and on the sidewalk near the Prime Minister’s Residence in Jerusalem. “We have no holidays,” Gilad’s father, Noam, would say when referring to the issue.
However, this year, Gilad will celebrate Passover with the entire family at his home in Mitzpe Hila. “We are planning a quiet holiday with the family,” Noam Shalit said. Gilad’s grandparents will also be present at the Seder table.
Moreover, ahead of the holiday, Gilad Shalit will arrive for the first time since his release at the Prime Minister’s Office in Jerusalem for a meeting with PM Netanyahu. During the session, Gilad will thank Netanyahu for the efforts made to secure the former captive’s release.
Read More: @ ynetnews.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Shalit family to PM: Your refusal to free Gilad signs his death sentence
- Israel, Hamas reach Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange deal, officials say
- Peres: I’m convinced Gilad Shalit will return home alive and well
- Gilad Shalit reunites with family at IDF base following return to Israel
- Gilad Shalit begins new life