So a few weeks ago I stumbled across this weird video. It’s a fashion show from the ’80s, a Jean-Paul Gaultier collection featuring hot bored-looking chicks dressed up as Hasidic Jewish men.
I was basically compelled to feature it in a Jewniverse, which I did (it’s out next week–subscribe right now to get it!). Then I wrote it. Then I thought that was the end of it.
Today I’m wearing a white button-down shirt. It’s a far cry from the punk-rock t-shirts of my choice, the vaguely hip blazers of my wife’s selection, but it’s what I’ve been wearing more often lately. Like Gaultier, I might be going through a phase of my own — albeit, less fashionably. And, uh, less revealingly.
Read More: @ myjewishlearning.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- jean paul gaultier 80s (7)
- jean paul gaultier jewish collection (6)
- hasidic jewish fashion (4)
- jean paul gaultier 1993 collection (4)
- jean paul gaultier hasidic collection (4)
- hasidic jew high fashion (3)
- hasidic fashion show (3)
- 80s fashion men (3)
- jean paul gaultier hasidic (3)
- gaultier muscle top (3)
- jewish fashion jean paul gaultier 1993 (3)
- jean paul gaultier hasidic fashion show (2)
- hasidic jews citi field (2)
- jewish dress in usa (2)
- weird jewish dress (2)
- hasidic judaism dress (2)
- hasidic jew mens clothing (2)
- dress of hasidic jews (2)
You might also like: