Representative Gabrielle Giffords has begun what will likely be a months-long recovery at a Houston rehabilitation center two weeks after being shot in the head by an Arizona gunman, medical staff said on Saturday.
The day after Giffords flew in a private plane to Houston’s massive Texas Medical Center from Tucson, she is in the early stages of therapy in the intensive care unit of Memorial Hermann hospital.
“She’s doing very well,” said Gerard Francisco, chief medical officer at the Institute for Rehabilitation and Research at Memorial Hermann, who is overseeing Giffords’ months-long rehabilitation journey.
“We initiated therapy yesterday and had therapy today as well,” Francisco told reporters on a tour of the rehab center. “She is responding very well.”
Read More: @ news.yahoo.com
You might also like:
- Lakewood Police Officer Detains Hatzolah Member While Responding To Emergency
- Apple’s iPad helps Israeli hospital treat patients
- Israel’s legal establishment to examine rabbis’ letter forbidding rental of homes to Arabs
- Israeli officer killed in clash on Israel-Lebanon border
- Daniel Hernandez, intern, stays by Gabrielle Giffords’ side