Followers of the Bahai faith unveiled their newly renovated holy site on the coast of Israel on Tuesday, drawing attention to one of the Holy Land’s lesser-known religions.
The renovation of the Shrine of the Bab, a UN-designated World Heritage site, lasted two-and-a-half-years and cost $6 million dollars, according to the Bahai leadership.
The structure has been refitted and strengthened to withstand an earthquake, and the building’s dome – the most distinctive feature of the landscape in the Mediterranean port city of Haifa – has been covered with 11,790 new gold-glazed porcelain tiles.
Read more: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
- bahai haifa new dome (1)
- bahai temple haifa new dome (1)
- bahai temple haifa renewed dome (1)
- bahai temple haifa renovation (1)
- Bahai temple in Haifa reopens (1)
- bahai temple in Haifa reopens after $6 million renovation haaretz (1)
You might also like: