The American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee named Alan Gill, its longtime executive director of international relations and a resident of Israel, as the organization’s new CEO.
Gill will take over Jan. 31 from interim CEO Darrell Friedman, who stepped in after the abrupt resignation of Steven Schwager in June.
The JDC, which has an approximate annual budget of $350 million, is one of the two main overseas aid partners of the Jewish Federations of North America; the other is the Jewish Agency for Israel. Gill will be moving to New York, where the JDC has its headquarters.
The choice to hire an insider followed an extensive global search conducted by the executive search firm DRG, according to the JDC, which said Gill was the unanimous choice of a selection committee comprised of JDC board members.
Read More: @ haaretz.com
Readers found more information by searching for:
You might also like:
- Jewish Federation opens emergency relief fund for Japan tsunami victims
- First ‘Jewish Federation of Israel’ to make debut at GA
- Solidarity Under Fire – JFNA Mission Experiences Missile Attacks
- Obama Names New Chief of Staff with Strong Ties to Jewish Community
- More than 19,000 Jews move to Israel in 2010