How to Make Matzo (Unleavened Bread) for Passover Seder
It is customary to serve Matzo (cracker-like unleavened bread) during Passover Seder. Matzo is the substitute for leavened bread during Passover. Eating chametz (leavened products) are prohibited during this Jewish holiday. Matzo is eaten during Passover to commemorate the ancient Jews exodus from Egypt. Matzo is a symbol of redemption and freedom and serves as a reminder of our humility to God. The Passover is a celebration that is rich in rituals and symbols. Eating matzo during Passover is probably the oldest among all symbols of salvation in the Seder. Preparing a home-made unleavened bread is easy with this simple unleavened bread recipe.
- Prepare all the ingredients for your unleavened bread. You will need 4 cups of whole wheat flour, 3/4 cup of water, 3/4 cup of olive oil. You can also use sunflower oil or sesame oil. You will also need 2 tablespoons of cilantro and a teaspoon of salt.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease your cookie sheet.
- Add salt and crushed cilantro to the flour.
- Next, add the oil to the flour and mix it well.
- Pour water into the mixture and lightly knead it. You will know when the dough is ready for baking when it is not sticky anymore. Add some more water into the mixture if the dough is dry.
- Using a roller pin, roll the dough on a floured surface. Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place the dough into your prepared cookie sheets and cut into your desired shapes. Bake the bread for 20 to 30 minutes or until it sounds hollow when tapped on both sides.
- Serve hot to your guests.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- how to make unleavened bread for passover (200)
- how to make unleavened bread (71)
- how to make passover bread (71)
- How to make Matzo Bread (14)
- passover bread how to make (9)
- how to make unleavened bread passover (8)
- seder unleavened bread (8)
- how to make jewish unleavened bread (6)
- how to make matzah bread (6)
- making unleavened bread for passover (6)
- How to make unleavened passover bread (6)
- How to make Unleaven Bread (5)
- jewish unleavened bread recipe (5)
- jewish bread during passover (5)
- how to make bread for passover (5)
- how to bake unleavened bread (4)
- how to make Jewish matzo (4)
- how to make passover unleavened bread (4)
You might also like: