Celebrating Zot Hanukkah
The last day of Hanukkah also known as Zot Hanukkah is considered by some Jews as the most significant. Here’s how you can celebrate the eighth night of Hanukkah:
- Light all eight candles on the last night of Hanukkah. Light the candles from right to left.
- Say the two Hanukkah blessings.
- Discuss the significance of celebrating the last night of Hanukkah. It doesn’t matter if you are not Hassidic or Kabbalist. Teachings of Kabbalah and Hasidism explain that Zot Hanukkah is a day to repent similar to Yom Kippur celebration.
- Give gifts to your loved ones and give kids chocolate gelt.
- Give to charity during the last day of Hanukkah. It is still best to end the holiday knowing that you have done something good for other people.
Readers found more information by searching for:
- Zot Hanukkah (124)
- zot chanukah (71)
- zot hannukah (13)
- what is zot hanukkah (6)
- zot chanuka (5)
- le rabbi zot hanukkah (5)
- Zot Hanukkah 2010 (5)
- 8th night of hanukkah 2011 (4)
- zot chanukkah (4)
- What do you say on the last day of chanukah (4)
- what do on zot chanuka (3)
- zot hannukkah (3)
- zot hanukah (3)
- hanukkah 2012 (3)
- what do you say on the last day of hanukkah (3)
- chanukah night (3)
- hanukkah candles right to left left to right (3)
- zot chanukah hebrew (2)
You might also like: